A fresh approach to addiction recovery
SMART Recovery Youth is a present-focused, goal-oriented program that supports young people between 11-25 years old to change diverse addictive behaviours by developing weekly goals.
The acronym SMART stands for “Self-Management and Recovery Training“, a transformative and accessible method to transition from addiction and unhealthy behaviours to a more balanced, purposeful, fulfilling, and meaningful life.
SMART Recovery Youth helps participants to:
- Increase and sustain their motivation to change
- Cope with urges and cravings
- Gain awareness of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- Build mastery over their decision-making to help lead a meaningful life.
SMART Recovery addresses any behaviour that is of concern and is not limited to alcohol or substance use.
Sessions are held weekly at our Youth Hub in Moorabbin and at our Frankston Office. Each session has a duration of 90 minutes, in which a peer worker will guide and assist the young person to set a goal to be pursued for the next 7 days, according to their own needs, circumstances and concerns.
TaskForce delivers this program based on the guidelines from the SMART Recovery Organisation. Besides our youth group, we also offer this program to young people through our SMART Recovery Adult program.
Want to find out more?
- Contact us at email@example.com
- Call us on 9532 0811
- Watch the SMART Recovery explanatory video here
- Download the SMART Recovery Youth referral form