As part of its commitment to building strong relationships with the local Aboriginal community and providing a culturally safe service and workplace for all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, TaskForce has begun its reconciliation journey by developing a Reconciliation Action Plan with the assistance of Nyuka Wara Consulting.
Reconciliation Action Plans allow organisations like TaskForce to take meaningful, sustainable actions that advance reconciliation.
There are four key areas the journey of reconciliation focuses on:
- TaskForce establishes the best possible outcomes by fostering positive relationships and partnering with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations.
- TaskForce recognises, respects, and acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people as Australia’s First People.
- TaskForce will promote cultural pride to build people’s cultural capabilities in Australian history and past government policy.
- TaskForce recognises, understands, and promotes the rights of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to determine their future.
- By creating a model of good practice within the organisation, they can share their own experiences with other organisations and agencies to support their reconciliation journey.
TaskForce’s Reconciliation Action Plan is just one way we are supporting that commitment.