- Make a difference to the wellbeing of staff in the Frankston Mornington Peninsula’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island Community
- Two vacancies, full and part-time opportunities
- Join a multidisciplinary team and family-friendly organisation
- Generous salary packaging to increase your take-home pay
A LITTLE ABOUT US
Our purpose is to empower people through life changing services, wraparound support, and pathways. TaskForce Agency plays an important role across communities in the south east of Melbourne, whether helping individuals and families due to challenges with alcohol and other drugs or family violence, or enabling people through education, training, and employment. Operating for 50 years, we aim to help realise the potential of every client, through achieving outcomes and working towards healthier lives, relationships, and communities.
Our values are:
- We start with care | We are here to meet participants where they are at, to support, empower and respect them and each other in the work we do. We commit to behaviours that demonstrate our care and compassion, bringing out the best in everyone in every interaction.
- We always listen| We are here to listen, to think of the whole of a person in every connection. We commit to listening, learning, responding, and adapting to the needs of our clients, our staff, and our partners.
- We are non-judgmental | We are here to help everyone belong; to realise their potential. We commit to supporting every person who walks through our doors or engages in our services without judgment.
- We are continuously learning | We are here to learn, innovate and bring the highest quality of service to our participants. We commit to seeking out and sharing knowledge within and beyond our sector and from our communities, not standing still in our models of care and program offers.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND ROLE
These exciting and new positions are funded through the South East Melbourne Primary Health Network in direct response to alcohol and other drug (AOD) harms in Frankston Mornington Peninsula’s Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island community. The Aboriginal Wellbeing Workers will work collaboratively with the community, key leaders, consumers and carers to develop these roles with an aim to increase awareness of the impact of AOD misuse, enhance awareness of referral pathways for support and create capacity individually, and as a collective, to improve overall wellbeing.
We are seeking practiced and skilled workers with at least 2 years of case management or group facilitation experience with clients who present with multiple needs . You will have sound knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, cultures, communities and practices, and have a passion to support vulnerable people to make positive change. If you are genuinely interested in making a real difference, this could be the role for you!
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
Together, we see the impact of our work on over 5000 lives every year. When you join our team, you will be offered regular training and professional development opportunities, and everyone has confidential access to our Employee Assistance Program. We work hard to ensure that all new team members feel welcome and supported with a comprehensive onboarding program and regular supervision.
- An opportunity to be a part of an inclusive and welcoming work environment
- Opportunities for flexible working arrangements to suit your personal circumstances
- Gifted leave between Christmas and New Year
- Access to generous salary packaging, which allows you to save on tax and increase your overall take-home pay
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Regular clinical and peer supervision opportunities
- Hybrid work arrangements with a blend of office-based and remote work for some roles
Application details and a position description can be requested to Jobs@Taskforce.org.au
We are an inclusive workplace that is committed to celebrating diversity. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from diverse backgrounds, people with disability, and people from LGBTIQ+ communities. People with disability can request reasonable adjustments at any time during the application process.
Applications, including a cover letter and resume, should be forwarded to Jobs@Taskforce.org.au.
Applications close: Friday 31 March