This training is for anybody working with clients who use Family Violence (FV). Whilst this training presents learnings and interventions that have been refined through years of working with men who use Family Violence, the learnings put forth are applicable to all genders that use Family Violence.
This training is pitched to those with a beginner to intermediate comprehension of working with people who use Family Violence.
It is an interactive workshop, facilitated by clinicians who currently work with men who use Family Violenceand as such, is very practical in its offerings. Much of the techniques and ideas presented are drawn from TaskForce’s innovative U-Turn program.
Topics covered/expected outcomes of the course
- * An exploration of the overrepresentation of men using FV.
- * An analysis of the role shame plays in working with people who use FV.
- * Working with Gaslighting.
- * Unpacking intentions Vs impacts with regard to FV.
- * The importance of teaching emotional literacy and empathy as tools to mitigate risk.
- * CBT frameworks when working with people using FV.
- * FV and trauma.
- * A better understanding of how to have assertive conversations with people using FV.
Book your spot