Learn the basics with Family Violence 101
This training is for anybody working with clients or in middle management, who would like to better identify, assess and assist people using and/or experiencing Family Violence (FV).
This training is pitched at those with a beginner to intermediate comprehension of Family Violence, whose primary role is not directly within the Family Violence sector.
It is an interactive workshop, facilitated by clinicians who currently work on the Family Violence frontline and as such, understand the challenges of working with Family Violence presentations in a contemporary community setting.
Topics covered/expected outcomes of Family Violence 101
- * Establishing a baseline comprehension of Family Violence (FV).
- * A deeper understanding of the gendered nature of FV.
- * An exploration of the overrepresentation of men using FV.
- * An overview of the family law act and the categories of FV as defined by the act.
- * The intersection of child abuse and FV.
- * The intersection of Alcohol and other Drugs and FV.
- * FV risk assessment using the “Red Flags”.
- * A brief overview MARAM and the Information Sharing Schemes.
- * A walkthrough of FV Intervention Orders including the policing & justice response.
- * Appropriate referral pathways.
Book your spot