A fresh approach to addiction recovery
SMART Recovery is a goal-oriented group program aiming to support participants during their journey to change addictive behaviours. The group is based on the principles of mutual aid, which means participants attend to gain support for themselves, while also actively supporting others during the group process.
The acronym SMART stands for “Self-Management and Recovery Training“, a transformative and accessible method to transition from addiction and unhealthy behaviours to a more balanced, purposeful, fulfilling, and meaningful life.
SMART Recovery helps participants to:
- Increase and sustain their motivation to change
- Cope with urges and cravings
- Gain awareness of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- Build mastery over their decision making to help lead a meaningful life.
SMART Recovery addresses any behaviour that is of concern and is not limited to alcohol or substance use. By the end of each session, participants will leave with a 7-day plan in line with their behaviour change goal and gain skills on how to deal with hurdles they may encounter.
TaskForce delivers this program based on the guidelines from the SMART Recovery Organisation. Besides our adult group, we also offer this program to young people through our SMART Recovery Youth program.
When are the sessions facilitated?
Sessions run for 90 minutes and are facilitated by a trained AOD Clinician.
All sessions are facilitated at our Bentleigh office (421 South Road, Bentleigh VIC 3204)
- Women SMART Recovery meetings run from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm on Wednesdays.
- Men SMART Recovery meetings NOT AVAILABLE AT THE MOMENT.
Want to find out more?
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us on 9532 0811
- Watch the SMART Recovery explanatory video here
- Download the SMART Recovery Referral Form (Adult groups)