SMART Recovery is a goal-oriented group program aiming to support participants during their behaviour change journey. The group is based on the principles of mutual aid, which means participants attend to gain support for themselves, while also actively supporting others during the group process. SMART Recovery aims to:
- Help participants increase and sustain their motivation to change
- Cope with urges and cravings
- Gain awareness of their thoughts, feelings, and behaviours.
- Build mastery over their decision making to help lead a meaningful life.
SMART Recovery addresses any behaviour that is of concern and is not limited to alcohol or substance use. By the end of each session, participants will leave with a 7-day plan in line with their behaviour change goal and gain skills on how to deal with hurdles they may encounter.
Sessions run for 90 minutes and are facilitated by a trained AOD Clinician.
When are the sessions facilitated?
All sessions are facilitated at our Bentleigh office (421 South Road, Bentleigh VIC 3204)
- Women SMART Recovery meetings run from 11:00 am to 12:30 pm on Wednesdays.
- Men SMART Recovery meetings run from 4:30 pm to 6:00 pm on Thursdays.
Want to find out more?
- Download the SMART Recovery Referral Form (Adult groups)