The Choices program has been designed for people required to participate in an Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) program due to their contact with the Victorian justice system. It provides an opportunity to reflect on how substance misuse is related to the offending behaviour, encouraging participants to reflect on how a behaviour change would help them avoid future offences.
The program seeks to:
- Increase awareness of the relationship between alcohol and other drugs and offensive behaviour
- Identify the range of potential harms associated with substance misuse
- Understand short and long-term effects of substance misuse on physical and mental health
- Identify drivers and patterns of use and the interrelationship with other issues
- Improve knowledge of concepts such as cravings, tolerance, dependence and withdrawal
- Understand stages of change
- Develop strategies to identify levels of risk and reduce impacts and consequences
- Identify strategies and interventions for self-monitoring and relapse prevention
Want to find out more?
Via ACSO brokerage. Only available for low-risk forensic clients.